Burnard described the building as "Teign Head House. The lonely house of the moor. Visited 12 August 1889 on our way to and from Cranmere Pool". Hemery describes the farm as "one of Britain's loneliest homesteads". The house is now a ruin. The farm was established in 1780 and was occupied until 1943 when the War Office (now the Ministry of Defence) requisitioned the land.