Eastern rocks on Ugborough Beacon

The Dartmoor writer, William Crossing, thought that the name Eastern Beacon was a corruption of Easter Pikdun, also known as East Peek Down, and that there was no evidence of the hill being used for beacon-firing. However, new research has shown that there has been a beacon-fire on this hill at times, so the title "Beacon" is honestly earned. The photograph was taken on 24/08/1940.

Eastern rocks on Ugborough Beacon
Taylor Collection
31226
?/?/?
Unknown Location
?/?