Here the Lich or Lych way crosses the River Walkham with the Prison Leat in the foreground. The ancient Lich or Lych Way was known as the medieval Way of the Dead by which coffins were taken from all the ancient tenements of the central basin to Lydford church. After 1260, tenement dwellers in the east of the basin used Widecombe in the Moor church. North-est of Cocks Hill. GW

Lich way, Prison Leat
Boddy Collection
12219
?/?/?
Unknown Location
?/?